Sundstrom Safety SR 500 Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR) Fan Unit
The Sundstrom Safety SR 500 system is a belt mounted Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR) with tight fitting face pieces, loose fitting respirators or loose fitting hoods that protects against particulates, gases and vapors, or a combination. It is designed to be used in oxygen sufficient and non-immediately dangerous to life and health (IDLH) environments. The SR 500 PAPR system functions as an alternative to Air Purifying Respirators (APR) in all situations for which these are recommended. This applies particularly to work that is hard, warm or of long-duration. The filtered air is supplied through a breathing hose to the tight fitting face piece, loose fitting respirators or loose fitting hoods. The above-atmospheric pressure then generated prevents pollutants from the surroundings from penetrating into the breathing zone.
Typical applications includes agriculture, asbestos, mold and lead paint abatement, construction building renovation, demolition, chemical industry, food beverage processing, lead battery plants, medical health care, metal work, pharmaceutical manufacturing, power plants, pulp paper processing, recycling plants, smelting and foundries, surface preparation, painting, coating, and more.
- Item No.: H06-0121
- Battery powered fan unit that includes battery, battery charger, polyester belt, flow meter, filter covers, and 2 HE particulate filters.
- Head tops sold separately
- Model description: SR 500
- Color: Black with Blue
- Shelf life (years): 5
- Country of manufacture: Sweden
- Operating temp.: 14 to 131 F (-10 to +55 C), < 90 % RH
- Storage temp.: 4 to 104 F (-20 to +40 C), < 90 % RH
- Airflow rate (l/min): 175-240
- Assign. protection factor: 1000, 25, 50
- Cell type: Li-Ion 14,8V 3,6 Ah
- Approval: NIOSH 42 CFR part 84
- Use with appropriate Sundstrom Safety filter cartridges to remove chemical contaminants (sold separately).
About Sundstrom Safety:
Sundstrom Safety is a world leader in respiratory masks, filters, and other respiratory safety devices. Sundstrom respiratory protection equipment is simple, effective, and comfortable to wear. Sundstrom respiratory protection masks and devices are used to prevent workers from breathing in harmful air contaminants.