Norix SD5836 SafeDoor Anti-Ligature Door
- Highly durable vinyl with no ligature points
- Available in 6 nature scenes and 2 wood grain image designs
- Non load bearing (pulls away from frame at 20 lbs of force)
- Sealed seam construction
Fabrication and Material: SafeDoor from Norix Furniture provides a balance of safety and privacy in demanding environments. This unique door design hangs with magnetic nylon hinges that attach to metal door frames but collapse with just 20 pounds of force mitigating ligature risk. The high-quality vinyl material is RF welded over high-density polyurethane foam to withstand abuse. The hinge can withstand up to 500 lbs of pull force. SafeDoor is chemically resistant to bodily fluids and easy to clean. Made in the U.S.A.
- Assembly: Shipped assembled in poly bag
- Warranty: 5 year limited prorated warranty against seam failure and cover material cracking. (Full warranty details available upon request.)
- Maintenance: Use Simple Green® hospital-grade cleaner or bleach & water solution on the entire door. Completely rinse with clean water (do not submerge) & wipe with soft damp cloth. Do not use a brush as that may scuff the image.
- Warning: Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175°F (80° C). The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker or other electrical body implant is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance. Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets.
- Material Test Standards: California Title 19, Sec. 1237.1 Small Scale test NFPA 701-2015, Method 1
- Flammability Test Standards: Compliant with the following flammability standards:
- ASTM E84
- State of California, Technical Bulletin No. 133, Flammability Test Procedure
- Dimensions:Door Width 36" Hinge Width 2” Overall Width 38” Height 58" Door Thickness 1.5" (Note: Dimensional tolerances are +/- 0.25" due to manufacturing process.)
- Weight: 6.5 lbs
- Intended for indoor use only
- Options: Left or Right hinge (must specify at time of order)
- Colors Choose from 8 designs
About Norix Furniture:
Norix Group specializes in providing high quality, intensive-use institutional furniture designed specifically for behavioral health care facilities, hospitals, jails, prisons, detention centers, and other challenging markets. Norix humanizes behavioral and correctional facilities, while building extreme durability and security into each piece of institutional furniture so it stands up to correctional grade use. Norix furniture is as tough as your prison or detention grade environment, yet safe for trustees and staff. Anchortex supplies the complete line of Norix furniture for patient rooms, classrooms, inmate cells, day rooms, lobbies, intake areas, chapels, dining halls, outdoor/recreation, contact visitation and video-visitation areas, as well as public safety furniture for police and fire stations that looks good and stands up to hard use. Norix meets or exceeds testing requirements for intensive-use institutional and detention grade furniture, and the everyday test of use at healthcare and detention institutions by people who don't necessarily have the best interests of the institutional furniture in mind.
Non Returnable This item is non-cancellable and non-returnable.