Massif MJKT00005 Flame Resistant Elements Jacket - NAVAIR
Stay warm, protected, and comfortable in some of the world's harshest climates. Designed specifically for Navy and Marine Corps aviators and approved by NAVAIR, this softshell prioritizes fit and lightweight functionality for a jacket that performs when you do. A windproof, waterproof, and breathable membrane helps keep rain out without trapping sweat.This garment features Massif's flame-resistant technology and won't support combustion in flash fire scenarios. The jacket's fleece lining features Massif Flamestretch and is constructed with DuPont Nomex brand fiber. Engineered with Massif's proprietary knitting and finishing technology, Flamestretch provides built-in flame resistance, proven durable performance, and comfort from the inside out.
- Softshell fabrics provide water and wind resistance
- Full flame-resistant construction with proprietary Massif fabrics
- Breathable membrane releases moisture during activity
- Four-way stretch enhances range of motion and comfort
- Designed for wear over a flight suit or uniform and under armor
- Full front zipper with protective wind flap
- High, fleece-lined collar
- Low-profile shoulder pockets for easy access to gear
- Large zippered hand pockets
- IR tabs on both shoulders
- Flapped pen pockets on shoulders
- Flapped pocket on left forearm for pens or flashlights
- Right forearm zippered storage pocket
- Easy grip zipper pulls
- Waist drawcord cinches jacket closed
- Adjustable wrist cuff
- Velcro brand loop for name, rank, flag, and unit tape
- Approved by NAVAIR for use by Navy and Marine Corps rotary wing pilots and aircrew.
- Available colors: Coyote Tan
- Elements and Elements Lite fabrics exceed flame and heat resistance performance requirements specified in the flame resistance tests contained in the NFPA 1977-2005 protective clothing standard
- Elements and Elements Lite fabrics pass the stringent ASTM D 6413/F2302-03 international standard for flame resistance. In addition, garment burn testing on a thermal manikin (Pyroman) demonstrates exceptional protective performance during flash-fire scenarios.
Massif manufactures comfortable, effective flame resistant apparel designed to protect against injuries from flash fires while maintaining the comfort and high performance of personal gear with custom FR fabrics and clothing designs for numerous climates and environments, all made within the USA and used by the US Armed Forces, general aviation community, wildland firefighting community, search and rescue community, and other specialized organizations.