Chestnut Ridge CR SAFGUARD Detention Mattress with Translucent Cover
Fire-resistant, low smoke-generating CR SAFGUARD mattresses were developed specifically for use in corrections facilities and other high-risk institutions vulnerable to vandalism, arson and accidental ignition. Jails, prisons, juvenile detention centers, corrections facilities and other high-risk institutions receive maximum benefits from the use of CR SAFGUARD cushioning.
- Cover made of heavyweight 11 oz./sq. yd. translucent vinyl (semi-clear)
- Fire-retardant, fluid resistant, reinforced with scrim for strength
- Easily see through the cover to detect contraband
- CR Safguard foam mattress core:
- Excellent flammability characteristics, even when subjected to severe "real world" conditions
- Durability, comfort and minimal thickness loss
- Long lasting, cost effective performance offers the lowest long-term cost per inmate to your institution
- CR Safguard Eco foam version used for California and Massachusetts
- Mattresses are custom-made to fit your bunk requirements
- Most common thickness for prisons is 3". Sometimes 4" height is used for infirmary, geriatric, or other specialty purposes
- Most common sizes include 30"x75"x3" and 30"x80"x3"
- Flat - box shaped, no built-in pillow
- B.I.P. - Built-In Pillow
- MRC - Mattress Recycling Council recycling fee applies by law to all mattresses shipped to CA, CT, OR, and RI
- Made in the USA
Benefits of CR Safguard Foam Mattresses:
- Excellent fire performance: CR SAFGUARD mattresses will not support combustion when exposed to substantial, open flame ignition sources. In full-scale, "real world" burn testing, CR SAFGUARD displays extremely low levels of smoke generation.
- Durability: proven to exhibit service life up to 2x-3x that of fiber-type mattresses. Typical useful service life is 48-60 months, bringing down the total cost of ownership
- Construction: Manufactured with internal seams (except one closing seam) to prevent contamination, such as by bed bugs. Both the covering and the interior cushioning will not support growth of bacteria or fungus. The mattress cover can be replaced if damaged.
- Advantage over fiber-type mattresses (F.R. densified polyester or F.R. boric acid treated cotton): CR SAFGUARD mattresses experience minimual loss of thickness in the areas subjected to the majority of the user's body weight. This extends the useful service life, and reduces the frequency and cost of replacement purchases. Mattresses that are comfortable and retain their original shape will experience less vandalism, thus greatly increasing mattress service life even further.
- Contraband deterrence: Unlike fiber, the high-density foam creates difficulty to conceal items within the mattress cushioning. Fiber can be easily torn and separated, leaving hidden objects undetectable; the strength of CR Safguard makes this more difficult.
About Chestnut Ridge Foam
Chestnut Ridge Foam is a leading manufacturer of specialty and fire-resistant foam products, specializing in high quality mattresses for behavioral healthcare, corrections, detention, higher education, lodging and group housing, aviation, and military applications.
Non Returnable This item is non-cancellable and non-returnable.