Duramax Isolation Bed for Behavioral Health Treatment
- The Duramax Isolation Bed is designed so that the patient's torso is elevated to reduce the risk of aspiration, although a proper protocol will call for a person under restraints to be monitored constantly.
- One-piece molded fiberglass construction.
- Closed on 4 sides, with rounded corners and edges for extra safety, open on bottom (unless specifically ordered with closed bottom)
- Freestanding; can be set on casters (optional) or permanently anchored to the floor (separate hardware required)
- Recessed base provides ample toe space.
- Steel bars running along the side, allowing use with handcuffs from a seated position or bed restraints (sold separately).
- The contoured platform top is curved for added comfort, with a textured matte surface finish on top. Easily cleaned, non-absorbing, and stain resistant.
- Standard color: Earth (tan).
- Optional casters available.
- This is a Made To Order item - allow 4-8 weeks leadtime (MTO orders are non-cancelable and non-returnable).
- Can be made of flame resistant resin upon request (additional price will apply)
- Can be used with or without a foam mattress (optional, sold separately).
- Dimensions and weight: 21"-24 Height, 30 Width, 75 Length, 110 lbs.
- Designed and manufactured for use in mental and psychiatric hospitals, behavioral health care facilities, substance abuse treatments centers, and detention facilities.
Not all styles are suitable to all applications for safety reasons - if you are not sure of suitability please ask us! Click here to see General features and benefits of Duramax furniture.
About Duramax institutional beds:
The Duramax series of institutional furniture includes more than ten different fiberglass bed designs for use in mental health, dormitory and correctional facilities, including prisons and detention centers. Duramax manufactures wall mounted beds, free standing beds with legs, free standing beds with enclosed sides, wall mounted and free standing bunk beds, stacking cots and beds with anchor points for restraints, and platform beds. All of these are molded fiberglass products, designed and manufactured for these specific institutional environments.
Non Returnable This item is non-cancellable and non-returnable.